The new year signifies the closing of the year gone by, and the welcoming of a new year, and in the eyes of many a fresh start.
New Years is traditionally a time of reflection, with traditions and rituals creating an air of excitement. Enjoy the glitters and sparkles from a variety of events.
How can you celebrate New Year’s on the Gold Coast?
- In Australia we are lovers of fireworks, there aren’t many occasions that we don’t mark with a spectacular fireworks display. On the Gold Coast we love to party, so you can enjoy two firework sessions at 9pm and 12 midnight, across the whole of the Gold Coast. The 9pm fireworks are traditionally for families, and on the stroke of midnight many couples, friends and families welcome in another year watching the fireworks from numerous vantages points up and down the coast.
Surfers Paradise starts the festivities at 3pm, with New Year’s Carnival 2018. Get down to the foreshore to secure your spot, with plenty of rides, slides and entertainment for young and old.
- If you’re looking to put a bit of class into your New Year’s proceedings, have a ball at the Mirage Grand Ballroom and see the new year in with a seafood buffet, great music, exquisite views and of course the fireworks at midnight.
- Want a view from above? Why not spend New Year’s at the Skypoint Observation Deck at the Q1 building in Surfers Paradise. Get a Birdseye view of the festivities, including fireworks up and down the coast, whilst enjoying great food and a three-hour drinks package.
- Why not rev yourself up for your New Year’s celebrations early in the day with a jet ski ride. Power through the water at high speed and leave 2018 in your wake. Gold Coast Watersports will be happy to kick your celebrations into high gear!
- Why limit yourself to one venue when you can go on a New Year’s Eve Party Tour around Surfers Paradise? Join the biggest pub crawl and hit up Surfers Paradise’s hottest pubs and clubs with no queues and lots of added extras.
After a night of celebrations, you might be ready to celebrate again when we drawer the winner of our ‘Win a 1-night Stay at Turtle Beach Resort’ competition on the 1st of January, just Like Gold Coast Watersport’s Facebook page for your chance to win!
Every pub, club and restaurant will be packed with party-goers, and many homes will be host to New Year’s celebrations, so wherever you end up, from all the team at Gold Coast Watersports on the Gold Coast, we wish you a Very Happy New Year!