Fly boarding tips for beginners
Fly boarding is a very recent invention and within a very short time it has made its way to the public as a fun and exciting sport. It has also made its way to the Gold Coast for the general public. Fly boarding is as exciting to do as it looks. You can do it too with the help of an experienced instructor. If you want to try out fly boarding for the first time, here are some tips for you:
- Balancing: If you know how to ride a bike or a motor bike, then you have a good understanding of balance. A good thing to remember is that you won’t excel at this sport on the first attempt, you will most likely fall into the water while practicing. This is part of the fun!
- Position & Posture: Fly boarding requires you to maintain your position. When you are standing you have to keep your feet as if you are standing on the ground. Lock your knees and keep your back straight, and have your arms dropped by your sides.
- Controls: Just as with skiing on water, you have to lean on your toes to move forward and lean on your heels to move backwards. Lifting your left leg will move you to the right and lifting your right leg will move you to the left. It might be difficult in the beginning, but with some practice you will do fine.
- Height: As a beginner you might want to know how high you can go. The height is controlled by the water pressure from the jet, which can be controlled by the instructor. Beginners can fly up to six feet high.
- Focus: While you are flying you have to focus your attention on one point. This will help you concentrate and balance.
A great flying board experience comes with great instructors. Book your holiday with us at Gold Coast Watersports and experience fly boarding with the help of our friendly, professional and experienced instructors.